Ray Marting

Midwest and eastern states prospecting news and links
Kevin
Site Admin
Member Number: 36

Ray Marting

#1 Post by Kevin »

I just read this on Gold Prospectors Space and wanted to let everyone know.

A Good Friend Of Mine Is In The Hospital In Huntington WV. He Had A Stroke About 2 Weeks Ago. Some Of You May Know Him Ray Marting He's The President Of The SOUTHERN OHIO TRI STATE CHAPTER Of The Gpaa. Also State Director Of Kentucky Gpaa Please Keep Him And His Family In Your Prayers.

Ray is a great person and has had some bad luck this past year or so and over come the other problems now this.
Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

Kevin
Site Admin
Member Number: 36

Re: Ray Marting

#2 Post by Kevin »

I got this from Ray's wife and wanted to pass it on. If anyone wants the number (pm) me and I'll pass it on.

Hey Kevin,

I got your call and wanted to let you know how Ray is doing. He had a stroke on the 17 of Nov, which involved a small vessel in the brain which affects his walking, decision making, initiating of actions and somewhat his speech. He is very weak on his right side, and when he talks, he is slow and sometimes grasps for words. He is showing improvements now though each day. He can walk about 20 ft with a walker, and is talking with more complete sentences. He has lost about 35 lbs, because he doesnt remember how to eat. He is determined he is going to get through this and be prospecting by spring though. He still has that dredge to try out. You can call him, (best time is after 5). He enjoys hearing from people. He may be transfering to another facility in the next few days, and if he does, I will pass this on. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers, and know that he thinks very highly of you as a friend.

Talk with you soon,

Lona
Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff