Jim's freestanding dredge

Nothing beats the satisfaction of building your own gear!
mrjim1021
Paid Member
Member Number: 102

Jim's freestanding dredge

#1 Post by mrjim1021 »

Hey everyone. I am going to show you my updated equipment for this season. As most of you know or if you seen how I was running last season it was funny. Made my sluice stand out of pvc..yes it worked but what a pain in the butt to keep it level. Not to mention it falling apart on me and being to high in the air...Well the 2013 season for me has changed and changed alot...Im going to show how my dredging season started last year up to the new toys....I will post more pics to how how I have everything...
2013 punch plate.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim..

OSPA member
GPAA member
Buckeye Chapter member....

mrjim1021
Paid Member

Re: Jim's freestanding dredge

#2 Post by mrjim1021 »

more pics...ohh my pump has stayed the same. Still using that 2in trash pump reduced down to 1.25in...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim..

OSPA member
GPAA member

Flourchild
Paid Member
Member Number: 2

#3 Post by Flourchild »

Nice setup nothing like new parts :D
A river runs through the Garden of Eden called the Pishon in this river is gold and the gold there is good Genesis 2-10-12

mrjim1021
Paid Member

#4 Post by mrjim1021 »

Yep your right Flourchild. IM still tossing up the idea on a smaller pump...nothing wrong with my 2in pump you seen..but I want something that is more compact...but I dont have big money to get a honda..Ive been looking at this one..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230876898903?ss ... 1423.l2649

it does 3120gph so if my math is right thats 52gpm..not sure if that is good enough for my 2in suction nozzle...

Jim
Jim..

OSPA member
GPAA member

tdz61
Paid Member

#5 Post by tdz61 »

Looking good Jim, I am more then sure I will see it at work too. Good job Jim.

Flourchild
Paid Member
Member Number: 2

#6 Post by Flourchild »

mrjim1021 wrote:Yep your right Flourchild. IM still tossing up the idea on a smaller pump...nothing wrong with my 2in pump you seen..but I want something that is more compact...but I dont have big money to get a honda..Ive been looking at this one..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230876898903?ss ... 1423.l2649

it does 3120gph so if my math is right thats 52gpm..not sure if that is good enough for my 2in suction nozzle...

Jim
Jim I was able to put together a proper Keene dredge pump for under $200 with P-100 pump and a 3.5hp industrial Briggs. Just had to piece it together is all and had to comb ebay, craigslist, and gold forums for a whole season. don't skimp on the pump the pressure is very important far more than the weight but it's nice to keep the pump under 30lbs. this will only be accomplished with a proper high pressure dredge pump. Looking forward to seeing your setup this season ;)
A river runs through the Garden of Eden called the Pishon in this river is gold and the gold there is good Genesis 2-10-12