2011 Finds

Sweeping and Beeping!
kchacha

2011 Finds

#1 Post by kchacha »

Has anyone found anything this year with their MD? I've had a "good" year so far, but no gold. I have had some silver, including 2 dimes (a merc and a rosy), silver toe ring, a silver cross (from a necklace) and an earring. I did find a "gold" necklace last night, but once I got it cleaned up and under some magnification, I saw that it was marked "GF 1/20 12k." That means it is gold filled. Dang!

At any rate, the pocket change has been a record this year so far, with 358 pennies, 48 nickels, 131 dimes, 89 quarters and 1 dollar coin (modern presidential coin). That brings my annual total up over $42, which is a record for me. I'd sure still like to find some gold, even if it is only 14K..... That would blow my 2008 finds away, since I DID find a 14K ring that year, but not as much pocket change!

:D Keith

kchacha

Re: 2011 Finds

#2 Post by kchacha »

Finally found a little gold a few weeks ago! It is just a little bitty 10k gold cross and it only weighs 3 grains. LOL! Oh, well, gold is gold! It was on a golden chain, but the chain was gold filled.

Pocket change total is now over $55 for 2011! As long as the ground doesn't freeze over a couple inches deep, I'll keep swinging!

Did some detecting up in IL at a couple of parks with my brothers and brother-in-law. The two beginners of the group ended up with the good finds. My oldest brother found a man's silver wedding band and the next day, my brother-in-law from WI found a women's 10k wedding band! I had a little silver - post from an earring, but the rest was pocket change - a little over $10!

Happy hunting!

kchacha

#3 Post by kchacha »

Did anyone get out metal detecting last year??? I had a strong finish and ended 2011 with just over $75 in change, including 3 silver dimes, several wheat cents and my first $1 coins (ended up with 3). Gold-wise, ended up with a 10k cross, 10k ring and 14k ring. Silver jewelry included 2 earrings, one silver toering and a silver cross. So, 2011 was my BEST year with the MD ever!! I expect 2012 to be a new record year...or at least I hope!

Get out there and swing! You never know what you might find! :D

Kevin
Site Admin
Member Number: 36

#4 Post by Kevin »

Some day I might just get out there and use the detector I've got and never used.
Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

Goldenrod
Paid Member
Member Number: 49

#5 Post by Goldenrod »

all that i have found was clad an old button, a car, and a girl to with the car.

ohio Bill
Paid Member
Member Number: 6

#6 Post by ohio Bill »

wish I could find a car and a girl but I don't think Shell will let me bring them home :(
http://www.buckabillysluice.com
LDMA, GPAA, OSPA, PLP, Buckeye Chapter, NRA, members

Goldenrod
Paid Member
Member Number: 49

#7 Post by Goldenrod »

the cars a little rough but the girl is cute

ShayneThill
Member Number: 0

#8 Post by ShayneThill »

Kevin wrote:Some day I might just get out there and use the detector I've got and never used.
I also got one from detectorall and used for twice, but no metal detecting finds.