1600's Old Stone Fort

Sweeping and Beeping!
hunter434
Paid Member
Member Number: 10

1600's Old Stone Fort

#1 Post by hunter434 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a Old Stone Fort built in the 1600's about 10 miles from my house.It is surrounded by corn fields.It would be a great place to metal detect.I will try to get permission for a outing.
http://www.midwesternepigraphic.org/croghan.html

Mark
Link to Post - Back to Top 75.187.191.68

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Those Tin Panners has got a go" Pale Rider

goldenrod

« Reply #1 on Dec 25, 2009, 11:27am »

sounds very interesting I still have some of my old arch. euip.
Link to Post - Back to Top 24.209.242.209

« Reply #2 on Dec 26, 2009, 8:08pm »

I got permission to metal detect the corn field around the Old Stone Fort today.I did a little metal detecting but had no luck.I found out that the township owns the fort,i will ask them for permission around the fort.
On my way home i stoped at Cy Young Park and i found 7 quarters,1 dime and 1 penny.It was a great day.

Mark
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2009, 8:10pm by hunter434 » Link to Post - Back to Top 75.187.191.68

minker

« Reply #3 on Dec 26, 2009, 10:10pm »

mark, is that the place where the indians slaughtered the religious group at gnadenhutten back in the 1700's ?

there is a place on lower paint creek known as viking camp . it supposedly is the further most inland site that is offically known that vikings made it to. its about 25 miles at most below the buckskin creek panning site.
Link to Post - Back to Top 99.174.168.149

« Reply #4 on Dec 27, 2009, 1:38am »

No,the stone fort is about 15 miles west of gnadenhutten.Viking camp would be fun to metal detect.

Mark

hunter434
Paid Member

Re: 1600's Old Stone Fort

#2 Post by hunter434 »

I went back to the Old Stone Fort today and did some metal detecting.I found some old square cut nails.My best find was a lead button,it was the size of a nickel.I could make out the letter P on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Flourchild
Paid Member
Member Number: 2

#3 Post by Flourchild »

Nice find Mark you know they did use some platinum for buttons on the upper crusts clothing back in the day you sure it's only lead? either way it's a great find and Buttons are very collectable as well good job man keep up the search and the pics ;)
A river runs through the Garden of Eden called the Pishon in this river is gold and the gold there is good Genesis 2-10-12

hunter434
Paid Member

#4 Post by hunter434 »

Thanks Bill,i am sure its lead.

Mark