Looking for a collecting site here in NW Ohio.

Lots of minerals besides gold are valuable!
Bman
Paid Member
Member Number: 53

Looking for a collecting site here in NW Ohio.

#1 Post by Bman »

I am contacting a friend about a site to collect fossils from. She has told me about this public place before, just never could get her to show me the spot. With a little luck, I will see it for myself today.

8-)

Bman
Paid Member

Re: Looking for a collecting site here in NW Ohio.

#2 Post by Bman »

The state and city have closed the area down, due to the reopening of the dam for making power. Site has been closed for the forseeable future.

:shock: :roll: :shock: :oops:

I'll look onwards...

MAIL MAN
Treasurer
Member Number: 55

#3 Post by MAIL MAN »

Bman when you make it down south again I can take you to the dig sights near the DD.

Kevin P
There's no cure for Gold Fever, but the symptoms are treatable.

Bman
Paid Member

#4 Post by Bman »

Sounds good, I'd like that. :D I am looking for some sites up here for the club members to be able to come and look whenever they wished. The now closed one would have been perfect as there are fossils, both in the rock matrix yet and loose. I am also trying to find a spot on the local river near an exposed section of bedrock...yes we do have some areas like that up here, just not many. I've been told that some of the potholes in the bedrock there are up to 15-20' deep...The watershed up here flows into the Great Lakes, not towards the Gulf via the Ohio river. :geek:

I may try talking to some of the local farmers and see if they have any rockpiles we could check out on an outing for something different.

Just doing what I was told to do at the last meeting... :lol:

8-)