July's Pig Roast Saturday/Sunday

Upcoming Events!
hunter434
Paid Member
Member Number: 10

Re: July's Pig Roast Saturday/Sunday

#41 Post by hunter434 »

Bill you can put Jr to work on the dredge,on the end of a shovel,or he can fetch your beer.LOL I think we need to work on getting our old members back.I think the new claim in southern ohio will help.
Gold Rush Days will be a good time to get the word out about our claim in southern ohio.People will see the OSPA IS NOT A FLY BY NIGHT CLUB.We are the only prospecting club in ohio that is a non-profit organization.

Mark
"Those Tin Panners has got a go" Pale Rider

Nuggethead
Paid Member
Member Number: 22

#42 Post by Nuggethead »

Mark the talking is done by what the club has done and what it is doing, if past members want to join they will if not there will be new members but the DD claim was signed due to existing members wanting something down south and the voice of past members that wanted to rejoin if something was farther south, what was that (Build it they will come) and the members are doing just that. Kevin tipsey, how about tipsey turney like the upside down tomato plant 8-) Bill V wish you could make it but there is still plenty of summer left. Was Bill H invited up he is someone I havent had a chance to see this year. Jim M if you see him let him know it would be nice
OSPA GPAA

Gold Hoarder Jim
Member Number: 37

#43 Post by Gold Hoarder Jim »

Hey Guys I don't know if any one else has checked the weather Report but it showed a large rain storm pass over the Norris Claim last night also there calling for rain for the next 3-6 days and nights except Sat, so if it does keep raining how are we going to get every thing back to the Camp, I hope I'm wrong but just think 1 rain normally closes the Road so what is 4 or 5 going to do to it. I don't want to (Possible be the Party Poop-er) worry any one but we have to face the Facts there is no way to have a outing without all of the Equipment back to the Camp. Please any Commits Welcomed. JIM M.

norrisclaim
Paid Member

#44 Post by norrisclaim »

well we haven't had enough rain to wet the road yet. We seem to have an umberella over us. We need the rain but not getting it. I went to mansfield today and came home to wet roads but still had dust flying behind the car coming in the lane. I will keep eveyone posted on the rain fall here. :)

Bman
Paid Member
Member Number: 53

#45 Post by Bman »

I am going to have to cancel the plan to do a scavenger hunt. I haven't had time to do a workup for it and Monday our finals week starts. I still plan to be down on Friday morning to noon.

All I have to do is crank out two papers before Thursday, fix the sawmil, and....

:lol:

Cya folks, on the claim later this week.

Nuggethead
Paid Member

#46 Post by Nuggethead »

BMan thats fine being the first time with a little outing and not sure on the turn out we can use the help everywere else if needed if not you can just drink beer.Any way to look at it that it will be fun if most or all the members can show along with the guests just to shoot the poop. Our first year Danelle put on a hunt at the Halloween party only 6 or 12 members were there but it was fun. Good people good food and cold drinks thats what it is all about.
OSPA GPAA

ohiorocks
Paid Member

#47 Post by ohiorocks »

Awesome!! is right hey let's have a party, oh wait we are were having a pig roast. sound like a celebration :D

Hey Jim if you down there before bill you better stay out of his honey hole :lol:

Don't worry bman you take care of your stuff first. I'm hoping Saturday we could have some sort of game between Dayton Diggers and The OSPA. We need to plan something we can win NOT TUG OF WAR :oops:

norrisclaim
Paid Member

#48 Post by norrisclaim »

how about a corn hole tournament? I will have the games down there Friday. I have to be at the fairgrounds all day friday and saturday. I will either have John bring them down or I might bring them down when I get home Friday evening. I hope everyone comes for this wonderful party. Well off to get things done before I go down to mow the claim.
Rita

Gold Hoarder Jim
Member Number: 37

#49 Post by Gold Hoarder Jim »

I Thought of that Rita as soon as you said that you had the Corn Hole game about a week or so ago we will try to get one going and I will maybe give a 1oz Silver dollar away to the winner if there is enough people there (I mean Adults) we may charge a little money just to add to the Club or maybe Free I will have to talk to the Chief Bill about that LOL. thanks for the update because we have had Rain about every day here but lately have been just the Pop up Storms. Thanks again Jim M.

Nuggethead
Paid Member

#50 Post by Nuggethead »

Not me Jim, I am just like you equal. What I would like to do is have donations of $5 for the common dig and for the donation they get a OSPA buck. all involved in the dig get a chance at 5 OSPA bucks maybe we can do the same with the cornhole all welcome and so is the donations 1 buck per $5 donation along with any prizes available. The OSPA bucks are posted in the general board which is something new the club is going to try. This was stated as a no charge event and we can keep it that way but donations would be appreciated.
OSPA GPAA

Nuggethead
Paid Member

#51 Post by Nuggethead »

Common dig Saturday and if we have enough Sunday we will do it again
OSPA GPAA

norrisclaim
Paid Member

#52 Post by norrisclaim »

just got a pop up shower not enough to stop anyone of getting in the site but enough to stop the mowing idea. John is going to mow it tomorrow. I will bring games down after 8 pm if they haven't been brought down before that.
see ya all later,
Rita

hunter434
Paid Member

#53 Post by hunter434 »

Had a great time this weekend got to see some old friends and made some new friends.Thanks Jim M for saying everything you said about the Double D Claim and our great club.I want everyone to know Jim D is a man of his word,he said last year if we got a claim in Southern Ohio and he would rejoin.It was good to see Joe A and his big 5" dredge,glad you rejoind us Joe.New members Rich and Kris C. wecome to the OSPA.
This weekend has givin me a new outlook on this club,i am very proud of the members of the OSPA. They are building one of the finest prospecting clubs in Ohio."BUILD IT THEY WILL COME"

Mark

Nuggethead
Paid Member

#54 Post by Nuggethead »

Well said Mark, we just got home today and had a great time even with the heat and rain. I had the privilege of meeting our new members rejoined members and our regulars again. Rich and Kris I hope I was able to give you a few pointers. However my activity skills will need improved on or I will just have to turn it over to Jim M :D Joe it was nice meeting you and seeing Jim D Had fun we will need to do this again before summer lets out
OSPA GPAA

norrisclaim
Paid Member

#55 Post by norrisclaim »

how did the dig go. did we find anymore odd finds? when i left they had found fence wire, old spring, a few coins. Do I need to be on the watch for items while mowing? Bill did you dig your way to China to find coins? :D

ohiorocks
Paid Member

#56 Post by ohiorocks »

Bill dug close to china but did not quite get there but he did find a token :shock:
Every thing was buried deep enough so mowing should be a problem.

hunter434
Paid Member

#57 Post by hunter434 »

I received this email from Steve the president of the Dayton Diggers

I'd like to thank the OSPA for inviting us to the past weekend's event. I fell in love with the site and enjoyed searching for relics, fossils and artifacts. The river was beautiful and very enjoyable on a hot day. The weather may have wore us down prematurely, but I'm quite envious of the camp location and would highly recommend everyone gets out and takes a look at what they have to offer. It would be a great club to join and take advantage of the history in the area. Lots of great metal detecting potential, not to mention the 1800 homesite up on the hill. We didn't get to the 1800 house, but we did search for artifacts at an old hunting/fishing camp. Manny found a nice translucent flint scraper. Chris Rhoden and his girlfriend enjoyed searching for gold in the Kokosing River. Mark Ferguson discovered a nice quartz with pyrite specimen.
Thanks, Steve

Mark

ohio Bill
Paid Member
Member Number: 6

#58 Post by ohio Bill »

Sorry we were unable to make the pig roast it looks like it was a lot of fun and a great success.
Bill & Shelley
http://www.buckabillysluice.com
LDMA, GPAA, OSPA, PLP, Buckeye Chapter, NRA, members