July's Pig Roast Saturday/Sunday

Upcoming Events!
Kevin
Site Admin
Member Number: 36

Re: July's Pig Roast Saturday/Sunday

#21 Post by Kevin »

Nugget Bill wrote:Kevin I will still let you donate even if you cant make it to Sunday :D Jim it looks like it is up to you and me OLD man :D to get this together. I think it will be fun but do they know who the are linking together :lol: Flourchild can you make it up for the day or the weekend it would be nice to see you again. Betty early Sunday great you can help Jim set up when I wake up I will find you guys :lol: Please members and guest give some input if you plan on coming this is our club lets make it a nice weekend
Didn't say I wouldn't be there Sunday it's Saturday unless something changes.
Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

Nuggethead
Paid Member
Member Number: 22

#22 Post by Nuggethead »

Just teasing Kevin, Rita if you can bring all those games it would be great better to have to much than not enough
OSPA GPAA

ohiorocks
Paid Member

#23 Post by ohiorocks »

We'll be there on Friday, I can set up some of the games if they are available. or on Saturday. I'm going to assume that most will be coming on Saturday,
:?:

Has any one heard from the Dayton diggers? Any guesses on how many are coming.

norrisclaim
Paid Member

#24 Post by norrisclaim »

I will have our games up here at the house. If I know what time you will be in I will bring ours down to you.

Goldenrod
Paid Member
Member Number: 49

#25 Post by Goldenrod »

The diggers are having their mtng on the 20th and will finalize everything, will post info asap
I am trying to get as many to show up on fri. as I can. I have a few things to add to the raffle or door prize or what ever we have. any questions ask me too.

Gold Hoarder Jim
Member Number: 37

#26 Post by Gold Hoarder Jim »

If we can't find enough to do we will watch Movies of Me Jim Maynard Falling off a Picnic Table at 1:30 am ( But There's a Big FEE for that type of Entertainment) Just Joking I wish I had had it on you tube) lol I may be able to get the $10,000 from Most Funny Stupid Tricks pulled by a 60 year old man. So See all on the 23rd to 25th. ps Jim D emailed me and I awaiting his call to set something up this weekend at THE DD I will be there Regardless. JIM M. :lol: :oops: :?: am I :twisted:

Bman
Paid Member
Member Number: 53

#27 Post by Bman »

I am planning to try to make it down for the weekend of the 25th. I am planning to down be there that weekend from Friday from noon on thru Sunday afternoon. I also am putting together a fossil display of what to look for while out in the creek. Also bringing a chainsaw and a swedge along for splitting some wood for the fires we make. There are a few deadfall limbs along the creek, that need to come down for everybody's safety's sake. These particular limbs could crush a person easily if they broke off. I'm hoping to float them down to the landing and pull them up near the fire ring and chop them up for firewood.

Might be a good idea to bring some spotting scopes or binocs for those who wish to better see the eagle nests on the claim. Hope to see everyone there!!!

8-)

Goldenrod
Paid Member

#28 Post by Goldenrod »

I have some items to throw in for prizes or the auction after our mtng.

Nuggethead
Paid Member

#29 Post by Nuggethead »

Jim my OLD buddy :lol: 60 gez I thought you were at least :roll: :roll: :roll: well I dont want to go there :D Tell Jim De that he better show up I miss the old guy, not sure if he is old as you but I wont let BMAN put you two in the fossil collection thats a promise. I miss all the members that we had along with the ones current, our club members has always seemed like family to me being small we all can chat with each other but being family I think it should be ok to make fun, get mad, argue but in the end work it out because if anyone is always right them run for prez of the USA. No Jim I wasnt going to say kiss. Old members, present members, deciding members I hope you all make it to the roast. The reason we joined is so we have a club that members dictate were and what the club does, I think it is proof that some member asked for southern property and the club got a lease (virgin ground DD). If our club grows some and members come to the meetings just think what this club can become. I first joined as a (founding member) but this club we all are founding members in my words we are still growing, learning and becoming one. Some choose to take the easy route and wait for property, some hope for no conflicts, some hope that there are special privileges and some just want a club that does not have a corporate driven policy. The point is we make the club, we loose it or grow it. As members we dictate were we want to go, I thought when I joined that no one would listen to my opinion but they have if it was right or wrong I had a voice. I will try not to ramble but from what I have seen since the club has been founded this is a member run club but you have to be there to make changes. I have seen some disputes some resolved and some not but if they were presented at a meeting I am sure the members that attend would settle it, this club does listen to the members .If you want a club that you can help establish how far we go please join, stay in and participate at the meetings. HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE AT THE ROAST. Jim I think if I keep babbling like this there going to call me Gold Hoarder Jr :D
OSPA GPAA

Flourchild
Paid Member
Member Number: 2

#30 Post by Flourchild »

Well said Nugget Bill you hit it right on the head a member driven club where not just one person controls the show that was the intention from the start for the OSPA as I stated in the very first meeting we had that fine February morning in Moscow OH ;) . I'm very proud to see the direction the club has now taken and although I cannot make the pig roast at the Norris I do plan on trying to meet up with the members and catching up on things with you all the first weekend of August at the clubs new DD claim. I have missed you guy's and missed your pups too Bill they always were smiling and brighten my day :D. Hope to see you all soon and again very well said Bill.
A river runs through the Garden of Eden called the Pishon in this river is gold and the gold there is good Genesis 2-10-12

Bman
Paid Member
Member Number: 53

#31 Post by Bman »

:idea:
I may even have some time to set up a scavenger type hunt that weekend. Have to see what I can dig up for some prizes. There will be an instruction sheet there for those people interested in the hunt. There will be a correct and incorrect possible answer(s) for each spot on the list. The item list's answers can be collected in any order. The correct answers will be checked on Sunday and prizes will be handed out.
We'll have to see how early on Friday I make it down to set it up.

8-) :)

Goldenrod
Paid Member

#32 Post by Goldenrod »

I received a flash post from steve and he showed some interest in the "caves" which are in the area.

Kevin
Site Admin

#33 Post by Kevin »

Stopped by the claim today and dropped off Pine Mountain Shaker. While we were there I placed marker flags in the area that will be needed for use, please do not setup camp within this area.

norrisclaim
Paid Member

#34 Post by norrisclaim »

i will try not to mow over your markers. :D My plan is have it mowed Thursday so it will be done for people to start arriving Friday.

ohiorocks
Paid Member

#35 Post by ohiorocks »

Thanks bman it will be good seeing you you've been kinda MIA with the farm and school and all.To bad Bill(flourchild) can't bee there hopefully we can catch up to ya some time. And Jim I would pay to see you fall off that picnic table just the thought make me chuckle :lol: we should be there by around noon on Friday. when ever you come down Rita would be find I think we won't nee anything set up til later any ways most if the come on Friday will be busy setting up camp til evening.
see ya soon

hunter434
Paid Member
Member Number: 10

#36 Post by hunter434 »

I took the trailer down yesterday.Mark Jr. will be there friday he will have the key to the trailer.Put Jr.to work Bill :D I will be down sometime saturday after work.I can't wait to set around the fire and drink a beer with you guys.LOL We will celebrate the NPO our great club has received.Kevin might have to do the meeting on sunday.LOL LOL

Mark
"Those Tin Panners has got a go" Pale Rider

Gold Hoarder Jim
Member Number: 37

#37 Post by Gold Hoarder Jim »

Hey Mark just to asw your PM we were already at the DD before you PMed me and Yes he did Join more to Come later. JIM M

hunter434
Paid Member
Member Number: 10

#38 Post by hunter434 »

Thanks Jim,i know i can count on you old buddy.I am glad Jim D. joined.Now its time to get more of our old members back.I am going to try and get Micky Ohio to rejoin.
WE ALL NEED TO TRY AND GET ONE OR TWO OF OUR OLD MEMBERS BACK.
If anyone needs someones phone number PM me.

Mark
"Those Tin Panners has got a go" Pale Rider

Nuggethead
Paid Member

#39 Post by Nuggethead »

Does that mean I can put Jr to work on the dredge :D I think this is a real milestone for the club, 1 We have two claims in Ohio both virgin claims this is a first for the OSPA. 2 The NPO is now officially done and we can put our resources to other things. 3 If Jim D signed back up which he said he would if we had a claim down south closer to him a man of his word. 4 With a small amount of members look what you have done just imagine if we get a few more good members. Thanks all for making this club what it is today and were we can be tomorrow. Now the hog roast lets celebrate. Kevin dont forget you will have to run the meeting Sunday :shock:
OSPA GPAA

Kevin
Site Admin

#40 Post by Kevin »

Like I told Mark, When you have a small club with members that have a CAN DO attitude a lot can be accomplished.
1 claim a mile long with great camping and a new pavilion and another claim with great camping and southern Ohio gold. Then getting the NPO completed, all in 2 1/2 years. I would say that's awesome.
On another note if you guys get Mark a little tipsey ok but not totally gone I know he has a lot to say. (as usual) :lol: :lol: