July's Pig Roast Saturday/Sunday

Upcoming Events!
ohiorocks
Paid Member
Member Number: 22

July's Pig Roast Saturday/Sunday

#1 Post by ohiorocks »

July Pig Roast
The event coordinator wants to know what to do: ;)

Saturday:
people will probaly be coming in the afternoon?
Can we get a common dig? do we have material?

Sunday:
Metal Detecting on sunday
Food everyone need to bring a side dish for 50 people (i'm Bringing Ice Cream)
We have to fit a meeting in there too. :o

Kevin
Site Admin
Member Number: 36

Re: July's Pig Roast Saturday/Sunday

#2 Post by Kevin »

I would think if enough people are there on Saturday a dig might work, however Betty and I won't be there until Sunday morning. On Saturday we have my grandaughters wedding to attend in southern Ohio. If I can figure out a way to get my dredges up there they can be used. Plan on having the Pine Mountain Shaker there in the next couple of weeks.

I'm thinking metal detecting on Sunday morning at 9am, this will be the only event with a charge of $5 to help on the NPO. Prizes will be awarded ,3 main prizes plus others.

Any other ideas?

ps
will need plenty of buckets
Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

Gold Hoarder Jim
Member Number: 37

#3 Post by Gold Hoarder Jim »

Hey Bill where is this Pig (HOG) Roast going tobe the reason im asking is Jim DeWeese emailed me and said he would see me at the Pig Roast at the DD claim I told him I thought it was at the NORRIS Claim But since you are (Head Pig Roaster LOL) I thought I had better ask maybe we can take a ham down to the DD after the Pig Roast if any is left over. oh the Picker I found at the DD weight 1.4 grains not big but a Picker BY any ones standers. Hope to see all at the PIGGEY Roast. Jim M. ps John & Rita My big Air Matress got a Hole in it so Dont worry about me falling off again I'll bring a REG one or maybe 2 to put on Top of each other LOL :? :o Having Gold Means Nothing Finding it Means Everything

Goldenrod
Paid Member
Member Number: 49

#4 Post by Goldenrod »

NORRIS

ohiorocks
Paid Member

#5 Post by ohiorocks »

I spoke with one our member (RC) today and him and is wife are coming, too. It's sounding like we'll have a good turn out :D

So far

we'll try to figure out some sort of common dig for Saturday maybe around 1:00?
or suggest other time....

Sunday 9:00 metal detecting
10 meeting
pig 12:30 or after

Kevin what are some of the prizes?

Gold Hoarder Jim

#6 Post by Gold Hoarder Jim »

Thanks Goldenrod I Knew thats where it was but just wanted to make sure for Jim D, hey Bill if your going to have a Common Dig would it be better to use High Bankes, I mean its possible to let 2-4 people to work a Dredge But HB or the Pine Mountain would be better dont you think But your the Chief on this 1 Buddy so let me know and if you go with HB's or Dredges I can bring mine. just need to Know. Jim M.

hunter434
Paid Member
Member Number: 10

#7 Post by hunter434 »

We can use the Pine Mountain Shaker and the clubs Wash Plant.
Joy the Prizes for the Metal Detecting contest will be coin sets.

Mark
"Those Tin Panners has got a go" Pale Rider

Nuggethead
Paid Member

#8 Post by Nuggethead »

Jim I am starting to feel like a horse I am getting roped into it. Thats ok I dont mind as long as I can help. Let my buddy Jim D I would really like to see him make it to the Norris claim he can come as my guest. I think high banking would be best and if some want to run dredges I will bring my 4" The Pine shaker may be nice if we run it for two days and split the cons after that but there may not be time for that. I know Kevin said that the metal detecting would be the only $5 fee but I would like to have this as a $5 donation to help get this NPO out of the way. I think the dig would be on Sat. Pat I would like to see you there so if I screw up you can point me in the right direction, you have helped us out in many ways in the GPAA as well as the OSPA. You wont need to run it just watch.
Questions I have if I can get some help with answers
1. When do most people plan on rolling in and are they interested in a common dig.
2. If Sunday most will arrive and detecting is at 9AM what time will the Pig be done in case we want a dig on Sunday due to that is our meeting Sunday.
3 Do we know if there are any kids coming if so we should have something planed for them.
4. With all the great members we have and many that have worked /helped in the Buckeye functions please give some input or help. I know this is not a huge event but as you all know the OPSA was made to be a member run club so please help with your voice and use it for the reason you joined.
5. Lastly it would be nice to see everyone there for this, I see some at the Swank and some at the Norris but it would be nice for all of us to get back together as a group function at least once a year. It wont be a Gold Rush Day but it would be a fun day or two.
Ok I will stop and sign back in tomorrow :D
PS Jim did I answer your question? :roll:
Gezz another post was posted by the time I was done :shock:
OSPA GPAA

Kevin
Site Admin

#9 Post by Kevin »

If you have any spiral wheels, mini-high bankers or any cleanup pieces bring them.

Kevin
Site Admin

#10 Post by Kevin »

Nugget Bill wrote:Jim I am starting to feel like a horse I am getting roped into it. Thats ok I dont mind as long as I can help. Let my buddy Jim D I would really like to see him make it to the Norris claim he can come as my guest. I think high banking would be best and if some want to run dredges I will bring my 4" The Pine shaker may be nice if we run it for two days and split the cons after that but there may not be time for that. I know Kevin said that the metal detecting would be the only $5 fee but I would like to have this as a $5 donation to help get this NPO out of the way. I think the dig would be on Sat. Pat I would like to see you there so if I screw up you can point me in the right direction, you have helped us out in many ways in the GPAA as well as the OSPA. You wont need to run it just watch.
Questions I have if I can get some help with answers
1. When do most people plan on rolling in and are they interested in a common dig.
2. If Sunday most will arrive and detecting is at 9AM what time will the Pig be done in case we want a dig on Sunday due to that is our meeting Sunday.
3 Do we know if there are any kids coming if so we should have something planed for them.
4. With all the great members we have and many that have worked /helped in the Buckeye functions please give some input or help. I know this is not a huge event but as you all know the OPSA was made to be a member run club so please help with your voice and use it for the reason you joined.
5. Lastly it would be nice to see everyone there for this, I see some at the Swank and some at the Norris but it would be nice for all of us to get back together as a group function at least once a year. It wont be a Gold Rush Day but it would be a fun day or two.
Ok I will stop and sign back in tomorrow :D
PS Jim did I answer your question? :roll:
Gezz another post was posted by the time I was done :shock:
Bill,
Your idea sounds good to donate for the dig.

Kevin
Site Admin

#11 Post by Kevin »

We can't make it until Sunday morning. I posted it somewhere that my grandaughter is getting married on the 24th so that makes a road trip to southern Ohio on Saturday. Then home to come to the Norris on Sunday.

Gold Hoarder Jim

#12 Post by Gold Hoarder Jim »

Rember Bill Im OLD but I do know we the club is the OSPA not the (OPSA)( Got You) #4 in your asw, LOL. dont worry about it you should hear some of the things My wife calls me (LOL) plus I cant speak, spunde, or splane Plain ENGLISH myself but I'll try to make it there on Friday eve the 23rd ( so I can sleep on the TABLE) and I will help you out my Friend plus I may bring the picker I found plus a few Silver coins to add to the Pot But if there is enought Kids there I think the ones I bring should go to the KIDs. That is unless theres not enough kids to get something going then we will put them into Metel Decting or something. So see on the 23rd or 24th. PS I was Joking about the OPSA I know its a type err, But had to point it Out OLD MAN. Jim M. :oops: Having Gold Means Nothing Finding it Means Everything :lol:

ohiorocks
Paid Member

#13 Post by ohiorocks »

we probably could use the our gold wheel and/or the clubs wash plant.
And about 2 high bankers.

don't worry Kevin you guy's go have fun at the wedding we'll figure thing out, we plan on getting there Friday afternoon.

if any one has yard games they cold bring for little one if any shows up that could give them something to do, that would be great.

betty
Paid Member

#14 Post by betty »

Hey Nugget Bill. I have a all-in-one badminton, volleyball, horseshoes etc. games in a bag I can bring when Kevin brings the Pine Mountain Shaker. Also does anyone have that corn hole game(what a name for a game!!!!!!!!!!!) That would help the kids if we have any coming. We should have made flyers-I just thought of that and put them around Mt. Vernon and places.
Kevin and I will be there early Sunday.
You will have to ask Jerry how long he is going to roast the pig. he is doing the cooking and I think he should be there Saturday.
THe Chef

Nuggethead
Paid Member

#15 Post by Nuggethead »

Kevin I will still let you donate even if you cant make it to Sunday :D Jim it looks like it is up to you and me OLD man :D to get this together. I think it will be fun but do they know who the are linking together :lol: Flourchild can you make it up for the day or the weekend it would be nice to see you again. Betty early Sunday great you can help Jim set up when I wake up I will find you guys :lol: Please members and guest give some input if you plan on coming this is our club lets make it a nice weekend
OSPA GPAA

Gold Hoarder Jim

#16 Post by Gold Hoarder Jim »

Never Fear Maynard is Here UP UP and away. :lol: your Right Bill the club has no Ideal who there putting together Now if we only had Buckabilly :lol: But we will put on this Best 2 Man show ever seen by Man or Beast LOL :lol: Having the Gold Means nothing Finding the Gold Means everything :oops:

Nuggethead
Paid Member

#17 Post by Nuggethead »

Buckabilly we are looking for a few good men or women to join the fight against gravel and black sand who is willing to join the cause :D
OSPA GPAA

ohio Bill
Paid Member
Member Number: 6

#18 Post by ohio Bill »

We are really going to try to make it Sun. but our family camping trip is that weekend in Mohican it was the only weekend my (Shelley's) brother could make it. It has been several years since we have all been able to get together to camp and everyone is going to be able to make it. There is going to be 17 of us and 12 of us are adults so if we get kick out we might be over sooner. LOL We are hoping to leave early enough Sun. to be able to drive down for a while to visit with everyone.
It sounds like you guys are going to have so much fun we will be thinking of you all Sat. and hope to see everyone on Sunday!
Bill & Shelley
http://www.buckabillysluice.com
LDMA, GPAA, OSPA, PLP, Buckeye Chapter, NRA, members

norrisclaim
Paid Member

#19 Post by norrisclaim »

We have corn hole, hillbilly golf, and yard darts that I can bring down.

norrisclaim
Paid Member

#20 Post by norrisclaim »

We should have made flyers-I just thought of that and put them around Mt. Vernon and places.
If I have the information you want on the flyers I could make them up and put them around the area.
Rita