Common Dig Sept.19

Upcoming Events!
hunter434
Paid Member
Member Number: 10

Common Dig Sept.19

#1 Post by hunter434 »

We are planning a common dig Sept.19 on the property in Mansfield we were talking about.This will be for members only.Kevin & Nugget Bill looked at the property.More from them on the property later.
Post your ideas here.

Mark
"Those Tin Panners has got a go" Pale Rider

Kevin
Site Admin
Member Number: 36

Re: Common Dig Spet.18

#2 Post by Kevin »

I believe the date is September 19th which is sunday. Having to work on Saturdays makes it hard to get things done any other time. Still have to do final cleanup on the dirt we collected from old gravel pit but I did see some color.
Common dig will be in stream through property.
Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

Nuggethead
Paid Member
Member Number: 22

#3 Post by Nuggethead »

We would look to have a highbanker or two Kevin and I went to the gravel pit area that has not been used since the 40s or 50s so the pit area is not a pit now but the gravel is still taken out and there is alot of hard pack were they remove it from when needed. The place they washed the gravel years ago is a bowl type area that has a dried up stream this time of year. It all looked neat, they also have two streams that meet and merge to one that is were we are thinking of the common dig (member only sorry). All interested please post here and we can see if we can put it together but we would like to get some plans set up in advance. This area is very close to I 71 and Rt 13 were the Swank claim is located. It is in Mansfield. Question or want to go please post
OSPA GPAA

Flourchild
Paid Member
Member Number: 2

#4 Post by Flourchild »

Is this a possible new claim or just a invite to dig or both?:D :?: :D
A river runs through the Garden of Eden called the Pishon in this river is gold and the gold there is good Genesis 2-10-12

Kevin
Site Admin

#5 Post by Kevin »

This could be a possible new claim. As for now we will be testing the area. The owners son is the one we are setting this up with since his dad doesn't have an interest prospecting. In the winter he leases to hunters, he has over 1000 acres. The biggest stream runs through the old pit area and meets with small stream at end of property.

Gold Hoarder Jim
Member Number: 37

#6 Post by Gold Hoarder Jim »

When did we talk about this it had to be before I got there on SAT, this is the first I have heard of it plus there's noway to respond on the subject I mean like where Bill said please Respond. let me know whats going on so I can atleast make some type of plan i really dont know at this minute if I can go or not today is the 9th and its going tobe on the 17th.Thanks guys. Jim M. Hey Kev go back to Mark's statement he even said the 18th But this is the 1st time I have seen or heard about this when and where did it Org come up I'm more then Happy to do it But I still dont know when we talked about it. Maybe I need New Glasses & a Hearing aid. LOL Jim m.

rowdy1
Paid Member

#7 Post by rowdy1 »

real close for me , any comment on the stream--dredging?---R

Kevin
Site Admin

#8 Post by Kevin »

Jim I think we need new glasses for you, it is being set for the 19th not 17th or the 18th has to be done on sunday.
Yes Randy we can do some dredging as well, I plan on bringing both of mine.
The stream runs through the property and should be no problem to get dredges in at least on the lower end. Plan on taking the 2" above where we were to see what it looks like. Be glad to have you along we all can meet some place then go to property.

Hey Kev go back to Mark's statement he even said the 18th But this is the 1st time I have seen or heard about this when and where did it Org come up I'm more then Happy to do it But I still dont know when we talked about it. Maybe I need New Glasses & a Hearing aid. LOL Jim m. sorry but I dont see anyway to post other then like this i may need Glasses Kev. LOL

Kevin
Site Admin

#9 Post by Kevin »

OK Jim try this , instead of going to new posts go straight to OSPA member board and click. Then when you click on dig thread you should see post button at bottom. If you can find your glasses :lol: :lol:

By the way Jim we started talking about this at last years gold rush and the guy stopped back this year.

Gold Hoarder Jim

#10 Post by Gold Hoarder Jim »

WOW it worked Kev :lol: plus that really helped Me understand I knew I hadn't drink that Much so I was in the Dark about the hole think since last year Bill H. & I just came up for the 1 day. Really I was thinking got to STOP drinking BLACKOUT's :lol: Hey I have a :idea: about the DD Claim why not try to find More Creeks within a say 40 mile raius and if we can get them cheap with or with out camping and use the DD for camping I mean it's not like any of us would care to drive 40 miles for a good creek, I dont know much about Brown County but if Kev P or maybe Bill (flourchild) knows of any good creeks I would Be happy to go with them to try to get permission and check out the Creeks. If any one has any Ideals about this please Resopond. Jim M. PS I know his should of when on New Topic but I made it to the DIG so just a add on. :lol: :lol:

Kevin
Site Admin

#11 Post by Kevin »

WOW Jim, you been sleeping again. We have already talked about doing just that if we can't add on at the DD.

Gold Hoarder Jim

#12 Post by Gold Hoarder Jim »

I Guess Kev I just can't win so I'll just give up trying But Now I dont have actcess to the Notes I'm just thinking you may have :lol: But either, neither or tweeder :lol: it dont matter. Jim M. I'm off to Bed Good Night all and sleep clost to the 1 you Love dont go thru what I have to (Joking) I Hope

sonny
Member Number: 60

#13 Post by sonny »

Let me know where everybody is meeting for this common dig on the 19th. sonny
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE ANGRY, BE HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

Flourchild
Paid Member

#14 Post by Flourchild »

Gold Hoarder Jim wrote:WOW it worked Kev :lol: plus that really helped Me understand I knew I hadn't drink that Much so I was in the Dark about the hole think since last year Bill H. & I just came up for the 1 day. Really I was thinking got to STOP drinking BLACKOUT's :lol: Hey I have a :idea: about the DD Claim why not try to find More Creeks within a say 40 mile raius and if we can get them cheap with or with out camping and use the DD for camping I mean it's not like any of us would care to drive 40 miles for a good creek, I dont know much about Brown County but if Kev P or maybe Bill (flourchild) knows of any good creeks I would Be happy to go with them to try to get permission and check out the Creeks. If any one has any Ideals about this please Resopond. Jim M. PS I know his should of when on New Topic but I made it to the DIG so just a add on. :lol: :lol:
Fear not Jim I'm sure there are some members that are looking into more southern property too I know Mailman is always on the lookout and I have a lead or two also in the works ;). Just remember to put on the reading glasses though or you might miss the invite to the test dig when they post it LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
A river runs through the Garden of Eden called the Pishon in this river is gold and the gold there is good Genesis 2-10-12

MAIL MAN
Treasurer
Member Number: 55

Re: Common Dig Sept.19

#15 Post by MAIL MAN »

I plan on on being there. I suppose we need to set a time and place to meet.

Kevin P
There's no cure for Gold Fever, but the symptoms are treatable.

Nuggethead
Paid Member
Member Number: 22

#16 Post by Nuggethead »

Been away from a computer lately but I am back on. :roll: Goldeneye can you make the phone call and confirm the date and time then we can set up a meeting place. So far I plan on coming
OSPA GPAA

Kevin
Site Admin

#17 Post by Kevin »

Here is what I got from 1 1/2 buckets only found 1 small speck in 1/2 bucket which came from dried up stream the full bucket came from the hard pack where they have been getting gravel for the road.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Flourchild
Paid Member

#18 Post by Flourchild »

Looks promising Kevin did the hard pack come from the stream or the bank?. And is it open to all members now to check out?

Kevin
Site Admin

#19 Post by Kevin »

It was from high ground where they been scooping material for the road. As of now we are set to check out more on Sunday the 19th.

Kevin
Site Admin

#20 Post by Kevin »

Nugget Bill, just got off the phone and we are set for Sunday the 19th. I told him we would just drive to the creek are and meet him there at 10am.
I'm going to stay at the Swank saturday night and leave from there so I suppose we could all meet there unless someone wants to drive straight to creek. Just post here what you plan on doing.