New user

Welcome TO The Ohio State Prospectors Association
Kevin
Site Admin
Member Number: 36

New user

#1 Post by Kevin »

Hey Zach ( flashover604) welcome aboard. Hope to get together soon.
Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

flashover604
Member Number: 0

Re: New user

#2 Post by flashover604 »

Hey, Thanks! Yeah, hopefully I'll get a chance to get out more this year. I DID manage to find a few colors today on my lunch break in Reynoldsburg/Pickerington. I had a half hour, and hit a nice big creek I've looked a thousand times before. Found a piece in every other pan for a total of four decent sized specks. I didn't have waterproof boots so I was limited to sampling behind a couple rocks on the bank.

Kevin
Site Admin
Member Number: 36

#3 Post by Kevin »

Would that be where we were during Thanksgiving holiday?
Kevin
Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

flashover604

#4 Post by flashover604 »

Nope. City metro park at the corner of Refugee Rd and Hines Rd. four chunky specks without getting my feet wet. Probably seven or eight pans worth. I didn't have a shovel, so it was what I could dig with the pan. I imagine a sluice would work great. There's a lot of flow. Creeks probably 30-40 feet wide by 6-8 inches deep. I only had 20 minutes or so. We need an interactive map so we can show good spots and bad spots!

JDish
Webmaster
Member Number: 95

#5 Post by JDish »

Hi Zach,
We should hook up sometime in the area. I live close to Pickerington and don't have a lot of local spots yet but I'm trying. Seems some of the parks are not too open to prospecting. I have a lead in SE Lancaster for the spring and there is a creek that flows through my community that is owned by the homeowner's association that I want to check out some more. Was in it once and didn't find anything but that was before Mail Man taught me his secret panning technique so I want to try it again. I just got into this last summer and it's all been downhill from there.

Look forward to meeting you.
Jay

flashover604

#6 Post by flashover604 »

Sounds good. I don't get a lot of free time, so I do most of my testing on lunch breaks at work. There a TON of creeks in the Picktown area. Most have gold. I'm just starting planning a pretty big outing for this summer that should be.... unique to say the least. It'll be fifteen minutes from 33 and pickerington rd. I'll post up anytime I'm going to go out. I have a couple sluices, pans, classifiers, and I'm working on a 2.5" dredge.