October Meeting

Time And Date And Place Of Next Meeting!
MAIL MAN
Treasurer
Member Number: 55

October Meeting

#1 Post by MAIL MAN »

The October Meeting is on the 23rd at the Double D Claim and starts promptly at 11:00 AM, with a potluck dinner and raffle to follow. As usual the meeting is open to everyone and we hope to see you there.

Kevin P
There's no cure for Gold Fever, but the symptoms are treatable.

MAIL MAN
Treasurer

Re: October Meeting

#2 Post by MAIL MAN »

The club still has some tickets left for the GPS unit that is being raffled. Only 60 tickets are being sold.

I was recently told by one of our members that he intends to buy the remaining tickets at this meeting so we can have the drawing. The tickets are $5.00 each and I will make sure that anyone that would like to get one by mail can do so. If you are not able to make it to the meeting you can PM me saying you want a ticket and send the money to

OSPA
PO Box 399
Georgetown, OH 45121

Kevin P

MAIL MAN
Treasurer

#3 Post by MAIL MAN »

For the members that are coming in from the North down interstate 71 State Route 68 is at exit 50 and is the best road to use even though there is currently a small detour about 3 miles long. Most GPS units and maps will try to send you via route 62 which is a good road but adds about 30 minutes to the trip.

Kevin P

MAIL MAN
Treasurer

#4 Post by MAIL MAN »

There was great turnout for the last outdoor meeting of the year. Hope everyone had as much fun as I did !

Kevin P

GOLDHOUSE
Paid Member
Member Number: 86

#5 Post by GOLDHOUSE »

Digger (Kevin H.) and I had a great time at the Double D this weekend. Nice to see so many turn out. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did. If the weather holds and someone wants to come down to the Double D on a weekend just post a message if you need some help. The gold is still there! It is just hard to find the black sand in your pan because of all that yellow stuff.

susie q
Paid Member
Member Number: 51

#6 Post by susie q »

Goldhouse...dang, did we get to meet, I'm trying to picture you?? I was there too with Patrick..our first trip to the DD.
OSPA, GPAA- Buckeye Ch., NY Prospectors Ch.,
Bald Eagle Ch., Allegheny Ch., PLP

GOLDHOUSE
Paid Member
Member Number: 86

#7 Post by GOLDHOUSE »

Sorry I forgot to introduce myself under my site name. My son and I were sitting next to you. We talked about the Little League world series and I showed you the troli's. Yea thats me!

Flourchild
Paid Member
Member Number: 2

#8 Post by Flourchild »

susie q wrote:Goldhouse...dang, did we get to meet, I'm trying to picture you?? I was there too with Patrick..our first trip to the DD.
So did you all make it to the fossil wall?? and what did you think??
was good seeing you and Pat gotta get back when you can stay longer
A river runs through the Garden of Eden called the Pishon in this river is gold and the gold there is good Genesis 2-10-12

MAIL MAN
Treasurer

#9 Post by MAIL MAN »

suzie q this is the site I was telling you about, it shows the minerals that can be found in some of the fossils at the sights near Georgetown. I hope you found some nice keepers.

http://www.vasichkominerals.com/Georgetown.html

Kevin P

susie q
Paid Member
Member Number: 51

#10 Post by susie q »

Ok Rod, lol..I do know you!! I wondered if that was you when I seen the name Kevin knowing that is your son's name..so good to see you again. Yep guys..we found the fossil wall and now I'm hooked..wow!!! I love that place, we did find some nice keepers just not the crystally, geodized ones like in your pics, everything we broke open was solid clear through. Pat got to experience his first fossil hunt..poor guy, he doesn't know what he's in for with me.. :D ..(just kidding babe), he's a natural born fossiler, he was finding good stuff right from the start.

Kevin, I do remember looking through that site when you posted it some time ago and I actually got to go there and experience it!!! Bill..you'll be seeing us alot in the near future at the claims, meetings and functions. After I get things settled here with the family and the house..I'll be moving out there. I'm so glad I got to attend the last outdoor meeting at the DD, what an awesome claim..I can't wait till I can spend more time prospecting, fossiling and camping with all of you... :D
OSPA, GPAA- Buckeye Ch., NY Prospectors Ch.,
Bald Eagle Ch., Allegheny Ch., PLP

turbofirsttimer
Member Number: 79

#11 Post by turbofirsttimer »

Yes it was a very nice day...glad to see everyone...thanks for the tip on the diggin spot Kevin!!Man...I should have listened to you sooner.... :oops: It was a nice change from the usual size dust to all nice flakes!!Also, the fluid bed link was sweet!!Thanks again!!Mike B.