New in OH

Welcome TO The Ohio State Prospectors Association
spacewench
Member Number: 0

New in OH

#1 Post by spacewench »

We just moved to OH from Southern California & are interested in learning more about the group. We have a 4 yr old & are also wondering if there are other kids at outings? Is the best way to get further info & meet other folks in the group to just attend a monthly event?
Thanks!
Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean. -John Muir

Kevin
Site Admin
Member Number: 36

Re: New in OH

#2 Post by Kevin »

Welcome to the forum and Ohio. There are some kids around at times, I have a grandson that will be with us at times but he is fast approaching the terrible 2's. I also live in Hilliard and there are some members here that are in Columbus or surrounding area. Maybe we can get together before a meeting to get you started.
Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

sonny
Member Number: 60

#3 Post by sonny »

Welcome to ohio not as much gold in oh than calf. But we do have some. This month our meeting is at the norris claim. WE are having one of our couple summer cook outs and meeting Sun 26th of this May. The claim will be open for any non member to camp Fri-Mon of that weekend. Hope see ya there. If you need more info just contact one of the officers. Sonny
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE ANGRY, BE HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

Flourchild
Paid Member
Member Number: 2

#4 Post by Flourchild »

Welcome to the heart of it all :D I too am a former native Californian look forward to seeing you at one of our clams always someone in the club willing to help You'll find our club very family friendly
Bill
A river runs through the Garden of Eden called the Pishon in this river is gold and the gold there is good Genesis 2-10-12

spacewench
Member Number: 0

#5 Post by spacewench »

Thanks for the information. It took us a little longer to get settled & acclimated than I thought! We will plan to come to the next monthly meeting & learn the OH ropes! Looking forward to it!

Thanks!
Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean. -John Muir

duchess
Paid Member
Member Number: 126

#6 Post by duchess »

Welcome to Ohio!

I have a brother and sister living in Calif and am looking forward to doing some panning there! Even if there are no other children around, we have small pans that will fit in a child's hands and will have lots of fun! Even if the goods get dumped back into the water...Look forward to meeting you all and I hope you got settled in OK! Sue